The jury is chaired by the famous tenor FRANCISCO ARAIZA and it is composed of:
MARCO ZUCCARINI, former director of Turin Conservatory.
SONIA FRANZESE, artistic director of the Accademia della Voce del Piemonte and lecturer at the Accademia della Scala in Milan.
MARCELLO ROTA, conductor.
ENRICO STINCHELLI, director, journalist, writer, host of RadioRai’s La Barcaccia.
VLADIMIR VANEYEV, head of the Department of Singing of of the Saint Petersburg Conservatory.
DANIELA DIMOVA, soprano, director of the State Theatres of Varna (Bulgaria).
SUNG HEE PARK, soprano, professor at Seoul University.
- European Opera Competition Torino in the World -
INTERNATIONAL SINGING COMPETITION THAT THE ACCADEMIA DELLA VOCE DEL PIEMONTE PROMOTES EVERY YEAR TO AWARD THE BEST YOUNG SINGERS.
IN 2021 IT IS SEEING ITS THIRD EDITION.
Opera singers of all nationalities holding the degree in Opera Singing gained – or about to be gained – in their countries of origin can participate in the European Opera Competition Torino in the World.
FOR ITALIANS: former-system Conservatory Diploma or new Afam bachelor’s and master’s degree.
FOR FOREIGNERS: University degree or certification issued by a qualified singing teacher, stating their technical and interpretative preparation.
At the time of registration, competitors must be 18 years of age and not over 36 years of age.
To participate, submit your application to info@accademiavocepiemonte by Saturday 20 March 2021.
Selections take place online. Three videos in Mp4 format or links to YouTube or Instagram of three arias of your choice must be sent to info@accademiavocepiemonte by Tuesday 0 March 2021: two from the Italian repertoire and one from the European repertoire.
Registration fee: €70.00 to be sent at the time of registration by bank transfer or PayPal.
Each contestant will be individually informed of the result of the selection and will receive the notices about the competition tests.
1st place: € 1.500,00 (Accademia della Voce del Piemonte)
2nd place: € 1.000,00 (President Armando Caruso Award)
3rd place: € 500,00 (Ciao Italy Award)
The first three classified will also be able to participate in the Academic Year 2021, regularly paid, in a concert or in the performance of the opera La traviata, and in a Masterclass of their choice.
Admission to a concert or to the role of opera will be in the opinion of the professor and artistic director of the Academy, Sonia Franzese.
Friday, April 23, 2021 | 10:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:00 | Auditorium Sermig – Arsenale della Pace, Turin
Saturday, April 24, 2021 | 10:30-13:00 and 15:00-18:00 | Alfieri Theatre, Asti
1) Angela Sangeun Kim, soprano – Corea
2) Injeong Hwang, soprano Corea – Torino
3) Gregorio Park Jun Yong, tenore (Torino)
4) Sarah Seung Chae, soprano – Francoforte
5) Eri Suzuki, soprano (Torino)
6) Valeria Vazquez Espinoza, Soprano – Messico
7) Raoni Hubner, tenore Spagna
8) Catherine Dupressoir, soprano – Montreal
9) HAE KANG, baritono, a Milano
10) YUDA CUI, tenore Milano
11) Shirley Andrea Garcia Santana, soprano
12) Jorge Puerta, tenore – Venezuela – Madrid
13) Won Choi, tenore – Francoforte
14) Marco Montagna, tenore – Milano
15) Manuel Rodriguez, tenore Alicante
16) Maylin Cruz, soprano Madrid
17) Gabriel Alonso, baritono – Madrid
18) Olga Syniakova, mezzosoprano – Madrid
19) Antonio Mandrillo, tenore –Italia
20) Erica Zulikha Benato, mezzosoprano – Italia
21) Hanxi Yang, soprano – Torino
1° AWARD – VALERIA VAZQUEZ ESPINOSA, soprano – Messico
2° AWARD – OLGA SYNIAKOVA mezzosoprano – Ucraina
3° AWARD (EX AEQUO) SARAH SEUNG CHAE, soprano – Corea | JORGE PUERTA, tenore – Venezuela